Sunday, November 8, 2009

26 Weeks

I recently found out that the family who received the referral, which would have been given to us, will be traveling to get him on Nov. 18th. I can't believe we would be heading across the world in a few days to meet our baby for the first time! I am so happy he is going to a family who wants him just as much as we did.
I am now 26 weeks pregnant-can't believe its already been 20 weeks since we found out! Last week my mom and I packed away all the boy stuff I had. Joel painted stripes on the nursery wall and my friend came over and helped me with arranging our nursery furniture. Things are slowly coming together although there is still tons of stuff to do. You would think we would be well prepared by now since we have been anticipating the arrival of a baby since last Oct. :) Everything seems to be going well with the pregnancy. I have a sugar test this week. I think I've already gained the amount of weight I was supposed to gain overall and I've still got 98 days to go:D My Dr. doesn't seem concerned though.
This baby is a little gymnast. She is moving all the time, especially early in the morning. According to my pregnancy book she is around 2 pounds and is 14 inches long. Although I think she is probably a little heavier than that since she was a little chubby for her age when we had the ultrasound done.
I will post pics soon of my belly and the nursery.

2 comments:

  1. SO glad to hear that all is going well! God is great to have blessed you both with a precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha,

    26 weeks, what a blessing. I pray the last 97 days will be as uneventful as the first 26 weeks. Can not wait to see pic's of the girl nursery and your tummy with sweet baby inside! Congrats, God be with you!

    ReplyDelete