What a way to start the new year!! Joel and I were getting ready to go to my great uncles funeral last night when I started getting a horrible pain all over my right side. No matter what position I was in it would not stop hurting. Needless to say I was terrified something bad was happening so I finally talked myself into going to the hospital. Joel drove me there like a madman and they sent me to labor and delivery. The pain was so bad at that point I didn't think I could walk anymore. I was so scared! After I laid down in the hospital bed I felt much better and felt crazy for even coming to the hospital. The nurse hooked me up to the monitors and said I was having contractions. They gave me some medicine to stop my contractions and did a couple tests to see if I was close to delivering. Luckily all the tests showed I should be fine for a couple more weeks at least. The Dr. said her size is fine if she was born but she needs a couple weeks for her lungs to develop a little more. The Dr. told me to take it easy, don't do much walking or moving around and drink lots of fluids.
Thank God things turned out okay. I do feel a little more prepared now for knowing what to expect and I don't think I'll panic as much when the real time comes. I definitely am going to pack a bag though to be ready-we ran out of the house last night and didn't take a thing-even forgot our cell phones. Good thing my baby showers are next weekend. I was afraid she would be attending her own baby shower:) Here is our latest ultrasound photo-she weighs 5 pds. 8 oz. and is in the 90th percentile for height:
Good call on going to the hospital! I had to go once about 6 weeks before my first delivery. You kinda feel like an idiot, but that's ok. How exciting!! Can't wait to see pics of the new Sanford! (out of the womb, that is)
ReplyDeleteNatasha,
ReplyDeletewow! I am so happy for you, it is getting soooo close!! Praying for the "3" of you to be united at just HIS timing! Congratulations, a baby girl straight from heaven above!
I just wanted to let you know that the IAN families blog has been redesigned and new content is being added everyday. You should come by and check it out!
ReplyDeleteI know that your blog used to be listed in the blog roll. Unfortunately, I had to clear them all out. All the blogs currently listed have given permission to have their photos or posts republished on the IAN families blog. Please let me know if you'd like your blog to be included in the blog roll...thereby giving me permission to "borrow" pics and posts. -Carey
Are you still blogging? Hope so! Would love to see an update. I'm in the East TN ET adoption support group. :)
ReplyDeleteTheresa