Thursday, July 2, 2009

Slight Change of Plans....(for now)

Today Joel and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary-wow I can't believe how time flies! Luckily Joel is off on Thursdays, so I took off as well-we had a fun day together-mostly eating:-)
Now onto other news, which most of you already know- I am almost 2 months pregnant!!!!!! I found out 2 weeks ago-the news was very shocking,exciting,etc. but also broke our hearts for our Ethiopian adoption-which will have to be delayed. We will remain at #1 on the waiting list to make sure everything progresses okay with our pregnancy. Referrals are going to those on the list behind us. We would have recieved our referral on the 29th. That was the hardest day I can remember having in a long time! I find comfort in the fact that the baby boy is going to another loving family who desperately wants him. God is always right on time though! I can't imagine having recieved a referral and then finding out I was pregnant. I know this child is a miracle from God as well. The Drs. told us that we would probably never be able to get pregnant "naturally". Therefore, it was a complete shock to us when we found out! And yes I can't even tell you the number of times we've heard "adopting is the quickest way to get pregnant!" In reality statistics show that only about 3to 5% of those with fertility issues that are adopting get pregnant during or after the process.
So far everything is going well-I had my first ultrasound on the 22nd. The baby is due on Valentines day-one week before my birthday! They were able to see the babies heartbeat, which the Dr. said greatly lowers my chances of having a miscarriage! Luckily I haven't had any morning sickness yet, although I know it is still early.
I guess our blog will be about my pregnancy now. We plan to hopefully get back on the waiting list after our baby is a little older.
Please continue to keep us in our prayers!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Natasha!! I'm so so so happy for you and Joel! What an amazing surprise. I know it must be so difficult, but don't waste your energy on sadness -- your growing baby needs your positive energy and love. All the Ethiopian orphans are going to loving homes -- or else there wouldn't be waiting lists at all, right? I'm sure that your hearts will lead you back to Africa after your baby is born. After all, part of your heart is already there.

    Again, congratulations!

    ~Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was wondering what had happened. So exciting and I hope to continue to follow your story through out your pregnancy. WooooHooooo!!!!!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am just THRILLED for you, Natasha! What an amazing and wonderful blessing!

    Kendell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! What an amazing change of plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so VERY excited, although our plans have changed the excitement and anticipation remains the same!!! You all are going to have the most beautiful child!!! The next 222 days are going to fly by, but thankfully you have most everything already together. I cannot wait to start planning the baby shower!!!!! Aunt Moriah, that sounds nice....

    ReplyDelete